Telling someone who cries out of frustration to "calm down" and it's not worth getting upset" over a situation, is not going to help. Cause trust me, there is nothing more I'd rather do than calm the fuck down and continue our civil disagreement in a clam fucking state. But telling me to calm down is not going to work. I know I should be calm! I know it's not worth getting upset over! I FUCKING KNOW! And I'm frustrated that I can't calm down, and bringing attention to the fact that I can't IS NOT FUCKING HELPING.

So if we are disagreeing, and you see my eyes get bloodshot or hear my voice waver, or see how my hands shake and my body shiver, just fucking ignore it. I can't help it and I certainly can't fix it. Verbally acknowledging it is just going to frustrate me more, if even just because I couldn't control it enough for it to not bother you.

YOU DIDNT FUCKING HURT MY FEELINGS MY BODY JUST ISNT STRONG ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH THE SITUATIONS THAT MY BRAIN CAN.

It is literally just because I am passionate and have fierce feelings about whatever the hell we are discussing. Telling me to calm down is telling me not to be passionate and not to care. I can't just not care, I can't just not be passionate. My level of care and passion are all that I have to keep me from drowning some days. It's what keeps me human. And the energy from my passion and compassion is stronger than my body can physically handle. It is not fear my body trembles from but rather my own power the way a volcano trembles before the magnitude of the explosion. It is not childish tears that deep from my eyes, but rather the tips of ocean waves in a hurricane. And my voice does not quiver with shy embarrassment, but rather the beginnings of a storm whipping into a tornado. I am not a child throwing a tantrum, but rather a force of nature, and for you're sake I am holding it back.

I'm sorry if I seem like a quivering mess of tears, but sometimes the strongest voices shake.